Wednesday, February 14, 2007
Bush: Not known whether Iranian leaders ordered Quds force to provide weapons to militants
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Bush on Wednesday said it is not known whether the leaders of Iran ordered its Quds force to provide armor-piercing explosives to militants in Iraq.
"What we do know is that the Quds force is instrumental in providing these deadly IEDs to networks inside of Iraq. The Quds force is part of the Iranian government. What we don't know is whether the head leaders of Iran ordered the Quds force to do what they did."
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Bush: New security plan 'beginning to take shape'
• A matter of timing
• Second blogger quits Edwards campaign over anti-Ca...
• Bush will address Iraq, North Korea
• Obama eyes the West Wing, not "The West Wing"
• CNN Political Ticker AM
• Boehner: Republicans not pressured to vote against...
• Vilsack unveils energy plan
• Ex-CIA official, defense contractor indicted in Cu...
• Reid withdraws support of Warner Iraq resolution