Wednesday, February 14, 2007
Bush: 'I will resist all temptation to become pundit in chief' about the '08 election
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Bush on Wednesday said he will try not to offer comments and judgments about the 2008 presidential campaign as it unfolds.
"I'd like to establish some ground rules here for those of you who are stuck following me for the next little less than two years," Bush said. "I will resist all temptation to become the pundit in chief and commenting upon every twist and turn of the presidential campaign."
Speaking at a press conference, he had been asked whether it would be appropriate for the government to brief candidates about Iraq.
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Bush says proponents of House resolution oppose pl...
• Bush: Not known whether Iranian leaders ordered Qu...
• Bush: New security plan 'beginning to take shape'
• A matter of timing
• Second blogger quits Edwards campaign over anti-Ca...
• Bush will address Iraq, North Korea
• Obama eyes the West Wing, not "The West Wing"
• CNN Political Ticker AM
• Boehner: Republicans not pressured to vote against...
• Vilsack unveils energy plan