Tuesday, January 09, 2007
Source: Bush to call for Iraqis to take control by November
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Bush's new Iraq plan will call for all Iraqi provinces to be under Iraqi control by November 2007, a U.S. official tells CNN.
Bush will also call for 20,000 additional forces to be sent to the war-torn country. Most would be sent to Baghdad, but 4,000 would be sent to the Anbar Province, the official said.
The official also said the first additional forces would go into Iraq by the end of this month.
-- CNN White House Correspondent Suzanne Malveaux
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Snow: Dems 'have to make a choice'
• Famous Nixon-Elvis meeting remembered
• Norton and Davis introduce bill to give DC a House...
• Kennedy says no to troop surge
• Obama the "rock star"?
• First wave of troops will go to Iraq by month's en...
• Vilsack urges Iowa lawmakers to denounce Bush plan...
• Senate to debate resolution opposing Iraq war
• Ohio Senator down for the count -- 55 times -- aft...
• Ahead on CNN