Thursday, January 04, 2007
Senators-only meeting to be held weekly
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- As a move toward bipartisanship, Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison said at Thursday's caucus that the Senate leadership plans a weekly meeting/forum on Tuesday mornings for senators only. No staff will be allowed, Sen. Hutchinson said.
The meetings will be voluntary, Sen. Hutchinson said, but she did say it will be a place for senators to pitch ideas, talk through frustrations and just get to know each other outside of the chamber and committee rooms.
There is a weekly prayer breakfast for senators on Wednesdays. That will continue as well. Hutchison estimates roughly 40 senators show up each week.
--CNN Radio Capitol Hill Correspondent Lisa Goddard
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• White House ready to work with Pelosi
• Congressional Black Caucus gives Jefferson standin...
• Reid vows Senate will be 'cooling saucer'
• Bush hosts Congressional leaders, does not discuss...
• Wolff, Crider take top jobs at DCCC
• Does Obama's agenda have an agenda?
• CNN Political Ticker AM
• Clinton sizes up Obama, Edwards candidacies
• Sources: Bush likely to send up to 40,000 troops t...
• Romney files presidential exploratory papers