Tuesday, January 09, 2007
Sen. Johnson upgraded to 'fair' condition
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Doctors have upgraded Sen. Tim Johnson's condition from "critical" to "fair," nearly four weeks after he suffered a brain hemorrhage and underwent surgery, his press secretary Julianne Fisher said.
The South Dakota Democrat began responding to voice and touch days after the surgery, but nonetheless has remained hospitalized at George Washington University Hospital.The senator will begin rehabilitation this week, Fisher said.
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• GOP Senator calls Kennedy's Iraq vote requirement ...
• Mother Time, a.k.a. Speaker Pelosi, starts the clo...
• Senate Dems strategize on Iraq response
• Former Virginia governor sets up exploratory presi...
• Romney receives major South Carolina endorsement
• Kennedy to call for Congressional approval of Iraq...
• Georgia Party GOP chair backs McCain
• Putnam and Blunt to hold weekly briefing Tuesday
• Democrats hold newser with 9-11 family members
• Hispanics swing to the Democrats, but for how long...