Monday, January 15, 2007
Richardson will decide on '08 bid sometime 'this month'
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- New Mexico Democratic Gov. Bill Richardson told CNN Monday he will decide on a 2008 presidential run by the end of the month.
"Well I am going to make a decision this month, as I have always said Wolf, whether I am going to run or not," Richardson told CNN's Wolf Blitzer on 'The Situation Room."
When pressed for a more specific timetable, Richardson said he wanted to move beyond his State of the State address Tuesday before addressing the presidential question.
The New Mexico governor also indicated he would appear at the country's first presidential debate co-hosted by CNN, New Hampshire's WMUR-TV and the New Hampshire Union Leader, if he decides to seek the presidency.
"If I make the decision to run of course I will be there," Richardson said.
-- CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Allard will not seek re-election; leaves wide open...
• Romney picks up support from key D.C. Republican i...
• Biden wants Confederate flag off South Carolina St...
• Pawlenty to co-chair McCain's exploratory committe...
• Hunter set to announce presidential run in South C...
• Edwards: 'Silence is betrayal'
• Dodd: Iraq the 'wrong place' for U.S. troops
• Dems (sort of) vow 5-day congressional workweek
• Farm bill fight likely, as lawmakers and White Hou...
• Nevada Dems to stage forums, debates for W.H. hope...