Thursday, January 04, 2007
Reid to push reform agenda
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nevada, vowed Thursday to mirror much of the same proposals House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-California, will try to push through her chamber, albeit at a considerably slower pace.
Reid released a list of the first 10 bills he plans to have the Senate consider:
1. Ethics reform
2. Raising the minimum wage
3. Medicare Prescription Drug program reform
4. Acting on the 9/11 Commission Recommendations
5. Funding stem cell research
6. Energy reform
7. Easing the financial burden of college tuition
8. Strengthening and rebuilding America's military
9. Comprehensive immigration reform
10. Pay-as-you-go legislation
-- CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Miers submits resignation
• Iowa anti-abortion leader jumps on Brownback bandw...
• Senators-only meeting to be held weekly
• White House ready to work with Pelosi
• Congressional Black Caucus gives Jefferson standin...
• Reid vows Senate will be 'cooling saucer'
• Bush hosts Congressional leaders, does not discuss...
• Wolff, Crider take top jobs at DCCC
• Does Obama's agenda have an agenda?
• CNN Political Ticker AM