Thursday, January 18, 2007
President Schwarzenegger -- a potential blockbuster
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Schwarzenegger -- how does that sound?
Some people think it sounds pretty good. But don't we have enough people running for president next year?
According to CNN's tabulation, four Democrats are already running. One is exploring. Seven others are thinking about it. The Republican list is even longer. Eight Republicans are exploring. Six are thinking. That makes 26 potential candidates.
The editors of The Los Angeles Times think there's room for one more.
"Why should Californians have their governor sidelined from the race?'' the L.A. Times asked in a January 14 editorial. "And why can't voters across the country be entrusted to decide for themselves whether the governor of California is sufficiently 'American' to earn their vote? It's insulting really.''
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Romney gets backing from 16 RNC members
• Franken reaching out to lawmakers about possible S...
• Second GOP senator joins opposition to Bush Iraq p...
• Hagel to decide on White House bid 'soon'
• CNN Political Ticker AM
• Obama to introduce legislation to cap troops
• McCain on Dobson: 'I do not intend to call him'
• Edwards to place anti-war ad in Roll Call
• House votes to cut interest rates on student loans...
• '08ers on the trail: Vilsack heads to New Hampshir...