Tuesday, January 16, 2007
Obama not likely to travel before final '08 decision
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Sen. Barack Obama, D-Illinois, will likely not make the rounds in the first four states on the Democrats' primary calendar -- Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, and South Carolina -- before his final February 10 decision on a White House bid, a spokesman for the senator tells CNN
He will begin to raise the necessary campaign funds and recruit support for his potential presidential run primarily by telephone between now and then, according to Obama spokesman Robert Gibbs.
-- CNN Congressional Correspondent Dana Bash
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Colorado congressman to form presidential committe...
• McCain gets key South Carolina endorsement
• Turning to a rising star
• Webb to deliver Democratic response to State of th...
• Obama forms exploratory committee, full decision t...
• Keating rules out '08 bid
• Obama takes first presidential step
• Will the Christian Right back McCain?
• CNN Political Ticker AM
• Richardson will decide on '08 bid sometime 'this m...