Thursday, January 04, 2007
MoveOn.org to crash McCain, Lieberman speeches
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Sens. John McCain, R-Arizona, and Joe Lieberman, D-Connecticut, may run into anti-war protesters Friday at an Iraq forum hosted by the conservative American Enterprise Institute.
MoveOn.org, the liberal political action committee, is urging its supporters to crash the event in which both McCain and Lieberman are slated to defend the Iraq war.
"Voters sent a clear message to Congress in November -- get out of Iraq," MoveOn.org Washington Director Tom Matzzie said in a statement.
-- CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Ahead on CNN
• Former president cedes spotlight to wife
• Rockefeller 'deeply concerned' with timing of Negr...
• Reid vows cooperation, long weeks as Democrats tak...
• Hoyer unveils new majority-leader website
• Pelosi: 'We have waited more than 200 years' for t...
• Reid to push reform agenda
• Miers submits resignation
• Iowa anti-abortion leader jumps on Brownback bandw...
• Senators-only meeting to be held weekly