Tuesday, January 16, 2007
The Libby List
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Jury selection began today for the trial of Lewis "Scooter" Libby, former top aide to Vice President Dick Cheney. Among the possible questions posed, potential jurors are being asked if they know any of the 80 individuals on the list of potential witnesses, and if so, whether they have opinions that might affect their impartiality.
Among the Washington insiders who may testify: White House Deputy Chief of Staff Karl Rove, Time Magazine reporter Matthew Cooper, NBC anchor Tim Russert, Washington Post reporter Bob Woodward, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, former CIA director George Tenet, and Joseph and Valerie Plame Wilson.
What are jurors being asked and who might testify? CNN has posted online the 38 proposed jury questions (PDF) as well as a list of high-profile witnesses (PDF) that may be called during the course of the trial.
-- CNN's Eric Weisbrod
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• McCain says he hopes to make amends with Dobson
• Will '08ers impact Iraq debate in Congress?
• Movement to undercut the Electoral College making ...
• Giuliani taps prominent Iowan
• '08ers on the campaign trail
• Obama not likely to travel before final '08 decisi...
• Colorado congressman to form presidential committe...
• McCain gets key South Carolina endorsement
• Turning to a rising star
• Webb to deliver Democratic response to State of th...