Friday, January 12, 2007
Hunter forms presidential exploratory committee
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- GOP Rep. Duncan Hunter of California, the ranking member of the House Armed Services Committee, filed papers with the Federal Elections Committee Friday to form a presidential exploratory committee.
Hunter, who is serving his 14th term in Congress, originally announced last October that he was "making preparations to run for president in 2008."
-- CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Just in: Four down, two to go
• Update: Identity of intrepid protester revealed
• Tony Snow: Notion of war preparations for Iran, Sy...
• Texas congressman files presidential exploratory p...
• Spokesman: Tancredo not ready to announce White Ho...
• Senate votes to deny pensions to convicted lawmake...
• Pentagon leadership, protester enjoy cordial chat
• Poll: Americans oppose Bush Iraq plan 2 to 1
• Sen. Clinton to Iraq: a matter of timing
• CNN Announces New Polling Partner: Opinion Researc...