Wednesday, January 17, 2007
House votes to cut interest rates on student loans
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The House of Representatives voted overwhelmingly to cut interest rates on some federal student loans Wednesday, passing the fifth of six bills Democratic leaders have promised to pass in their first 100 hours of making new laws.
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• '08ers on the trail: Vilsack heads to New Hampshir...
• '08ers on the trail: Dodd to make the rounds in Ne...
• Internet widely used for 2006 election news
• MoveOn.org targets McCain's Iraq plan in new ad bu...
• Senate resolution condemning Iraq policy introduce...
• Elway says no to potential Senate bid
• House Republicans seek to prohibit Iraq funding cu...
• Clinton seeks to cap troop levels in Iraq
• Pelosi to attend O'Malley's swearing-in
• McCain wins backing of Iowa social conservative