Wednesday, January 10, 2007
House passes minimum wage increase
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The House of Representatives voted Wednesday to raise the federal minimum wage by $2.10 per hour, the second of six bills the Democratic majority has vowed to pass in its first 100 hours of work.
The vote was 315-116.
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Ahead on CNN
• Lance Armstrong: Patience running thin with D.C.
• Dems complain of 'notification, not consultation'
• Pentagon officials says troops 'surge' will not br...
• Bush to call failure in Iraq unacceptable
• MoveOn.org to target McCain in Iowa and New Hampsh...
• GOP Sen. Coleman on troop surge: 'I just don't bel...
• Montana Sen. calls Iraq vote a mistake, says troop...
• Kennedy pushes for universal health coverage
• Bush reported to be upset after viewing unauthoriz...