Tuesday, January 09, 2007
Democrats hold newser with 9-11 family members
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A handful of Democrats will hold a 2 p.m. ET, Capitol Hill news conference with family members of Sept. 11, 2001 victims, as the House begins considering approving the 9-11 Commission recommendations.
The briefing will take place in room HC-7 of the Capitol and New York Reps. Carolyn Maloney, Jerrold Nadler, Joe Crowley and Massachusetts Rep. Edward Markey are expected to attend.
-- CNN Political Editor Mark Preston
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Hispanics swing to the Democrats, but for how long...
• House Democrats' 100 hours to begin with 9/11 bill...
• CNN Political Ticker AM
• Pigskin delays Democrats' '100 hours'
• Romney raises more than $6.5 million in fundraisin...
• Bush taps Fielding to be White House counsel
• Snow optimistic about Dems' response to Bush's Ira...
• Pelosi: Dems will not cut off Iraq funding
• Kennedy to argue against troop surge
• On the campaign trail with potential '08ers