Saturday, January 20, 2007
Bush to speak at House Democrats' retreat
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Bush has accepted an invitation to speak at House Democrats' annual retreat next month in Williamsburg, Va., Democratic and White House officials said Friday.
A senior White House official said Bush's acceptance was part of his effort to reach out to the new Congress. Rep. Rahm Emanuel, chairman of the House Democratic Caucus, announced that Bush would join former President Bill Clinton and others as speakers at the Feb. 1-3 event. Bush will speak on the final day.
The president will address the Republican retreat on next Friday in Cambridge, Md.
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Hillary Clinton: 'I'm in' 2008 White House race
• What happened to Reid's five-day work week?
• Vilsack dismisses notion of capping number of U.S....
• Brownback to host March for Life reception
• Gov. Bill Richardson plans to take first step towa...
• Carter, Mondale criticize Bush administration
• Former N.J. governor's wife writes memoir
• Warner, Collins, Nelson to introduce second Iraq r...
• Ahead on CNN
• RNC elects new leadership heading into 2008