Friday, January 05, 2007
Bush begins planning for library
WASHINGTON (CNN) – One month before the midterm elections, President Bush's 2004 presidential campaign donated nearly $195,000 to the foundation established to build his presidential library, documents filed with the Federal Election Commission show.
The contribution from the Bush-Cheney '04 committee to the George W. Bush Presidential Library was made on Oct. 5, 2006. Such early planning is not unusual as President Clinton began planning his library in his final term. Several universities in Texas are vying to be home to the Bush library.
The donation was first reported by Political Money Line. The transaction can viewed here.
-- CNN Political Editor Mark Preston
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• GOP Congresswoman: U.S. operating 'catch-and-relea...
• Romney camp to dial for dollars Monday
• Richardson heads to Sudan
• Bush nominates new spy chief
• Source: Petraeus tapped to replace Casey
• Muslim congressman seeks out critic on House floor...
• CNN Political Ticker AM
• Former President Bush has hip replaced at Mayo Cli...
• Sen. Byrd, 90, sworn in for ninth time
• Romney announces finance co-chairs