Thursday, December 07, 2006
Pelosi: GOP is 'going to leave a mess'
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- House Democratic Leaders aren't happy their GOP colleagues have left them with a slew of unfinished business as the 109th congressional session is set to close.
"The war in Iraq and the Republicans in Congress are in disarray," House Speaker-designate Nancy Pelosi, D-California, told reporters Thursday. "They are going to leave a mess as they go out."
Pelosi's comments came during an end-of-session press conference with incoming House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, D-Maryland, and Rep. Dave Obey, D-Wisconsin.
Hoyer also sharply criticized his GOP colleagues for ending the congressional session with little legislative action.
"We are ending appropriately; doing nothing -- at least doing nothing right," Hoyer said.
-- CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Dean calls for new election in contested House rac...
• FEC chairman stepping down
• Incoming Senate Armed Services chairman pledges vi...
• Brownback open to partitioning Iraq
• McCain making '08 moves
• Senators grill ISG chairmen on 'the way forward' i...
• Corzine sees gain in approval rating
• Congress set to reach deal on tax and trade packag...
• McCain gets key support in Utah
• Pelosi to meet with new members of Congressional B...