Friday, December 01, 2006
Pataki taps former Cheney aide
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Gov. George Pataki has recruited a former key aide to Vice President Dick Cheney -- the latest sign the New York Republican is strongly considering a presidential run.
Kara Ahern, who previously served as political director to Cheney, has been named the finance director of Pataki's 21st Century Freedom Political Action Committee. Ahern also served as the Northeast finance director for the Bush Cheney '04 campaign and most recently was deputy campaign manager and finance director for Massachusetts Lt. Gov. Kerry Healy's gubernatorial campaign.
"Kara Ahern is one of the brightest and most talented people I have had the opportunity to work with as I've traveled across the nation supporting Republican candidates," Pataki said Thursday in a statement.
Pataki, who is set to wrap up his third term as Governor of New York, has acknowledged he is considering a run for the White House.
-- CNN Ticker producer Alexander Mooney
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Pelosi: Reyes has 'impeccable national security cr...
• Harman offers Reyes support
• Reyes of Texas named House Intelligence chairman
• Washington Times: Lawmaker to take oath on Koran, ...
• Top Iraqi Shiite leader to visit Bush in DC, aide ...
• After 'botched joke,' Kerry and team assessing imp...
• Rice warns Congress against tweaking India nuclear...
• DNC deal tries to curb rush to front-load '08 cale...
• Bush administration fights subpoena over 'morning-...
• GOP moderates struggle to be heard