Thursday, December 07, 2006
McCain gets key support in Utah
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Sen. John McCain picked up key support in Utah Thursday, as the Arizona Republican continues to mull a potential presidential run.
McCain announced Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman and Utah Attorney General Mark Shurtleff have pledged to fully support him if he decides to throw his hat in the 2008 presidential race. Huntsman will serve as the national co-chairman of McCain's presidential exploratory committee and Shurtleff will head up McCain's Utah chapter.
Having formed the presidential exploratory committee last month, McCain has said he will decide on a formal run after the Holidays.
-- CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Pelosi to meet with new members of Congressional B...
• Dodd set to unveil banking agenda
• Frist set to say farewell to Senate
• Flurry of weekend events nationwide to urge impeac...
• Presidential hopes prompted Giuliani to quit Iraq ...
• Islamic group urges Bush appointee's ouster from H...
• Empowered Democratic governors look to '08
• Wesley Clark planning for third book for '07 relea...
• EPA: Leaded gas may return, along with lower stand...
• Blair to meet with Hastert and Pelosi