Wednesday, December 13, 2006
McCain gauges grassroots support
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Having formed a presidential exploratory committee nearly a month ago, Sen. John McCain, R-Arizona, has begun to solicit donations in an effort to gain grassroots support.
In a letter to supporters of his exploratory committee website -- www.exploremccain.com -- Campaign Manager Terry Nelson asks supporters to "stand with us from the beginning."
"There are only a few weeks left in 2006, and in order to ensure Senator McCain starts 2007 with the strong backing from supporters across the country, we need your help," Nelson wrote in the email.
McCain has said he will decide on an official run for the presidency early in the new year.
-- CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Romney signs agreement allowing state police to de...
• Kerry to discuss Middle East trip
• Bush, Pentagon officials meeting on Iraq
• Abdullah to Cheney: Saudis will back Sunnis if U.S...
• Bush decides general Iraq plan, as staff delves in...
• Reid dodges Senate rules rebuke on free boxing tic...
• New Hampshire voters: Come back, Barack
• Sen. Clinton hosts 'intimate evening' for Iowa act...
• CNN Political Ticker AM
• Poll: Majorities ready for black or female preside...