Thursday, December 07, 2006
Hillary leads the presidential pack
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A new poll shows Democrats favor Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-New York, as their presidential candidate for the 2008 election. The survey was conducted by the Marist Poll for WNBC-TV in New York.
Question: "If the 2008 Democratic presidential primary were held today, whom would you support if the candidates are:"
Sample Size: 327 Democrats
Margin of error: +/-4.5%
Polling Dates November 27 -- December 3, 2006
-- CNN Political Researcher Xuan Thai
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Dems set sights on the West
• Ahead on CNN
• Lieberman, Collins to establish bi-partisan "consu...
• DP World to test screening of U.S.-bound cargo
• Frist pushes for end of partisanship and self-impo...
• Pelosi: GOP is 'going to leave a mess'
• Dean calls for new election in contested House rac...
• FEC chairman stepping down
• Incoming Senate Armed Services chairman pledges vi...
• Brownback open to partitioning Iraq