Wednesday, December 13, 2006
Giuliani taps RNC Political Director
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Former New York GOP Mayor Rudy Giuliani is tapping the political director of the Republican National Committee to head his presidential exploratory committee, Giuliani aide Anthony Carbonetti announced Wednesday.
Michael DuHaime, currently head of the RNC's political operations, will serve as executive director of Giuliani's exploratory committee.
"His national political knowledge garnered from his years of Republican field organization work coupled with his service as the RNC political director make him a great asset to the team," Carbonettti said.
Giuliani, who officially formed the exploratory committee over three weeks ago, has said he will decide on a presidential run in the new year.
-- CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Draft Obama ad set to hit New Hampshire airwaves
• Bush says he will not be rushed
• Levin urges president to consider Iraq timetable
• Dodd announces Middle East trip
• Influential 2004 political organizations agree to ...
• U.S. congressional delegation visits Iraq
• Leahy promises 'real' oversight of FBI, Justice De...
• 109th Congress a success at naming buildings
• Poll: Hevesi should quit, maybe
• McCain gauges grassroots support