Thursday, December 07, 2006
Frist set to say farewell to Senate
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Outgoing Senate Majority Leader Bill First, who decided not to seek a third term, will deliver his farewell speech on the Senate Floor Thursday at 2:30 p.m., his office announced. Vice President Dick Cheney will preside over Frist's remarks.
Frist, who had been weighing a bid for president, said last week he would not seek the GOP nomination for the White House in 2008.
-- CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Flurry of weekend events nationwide to urge impeac...
• Presidential hopes prompted Giuliani to quit Iraq ...
• Islamic group urges Bush appointee's ouster from H...
• Empowered Democratic governors look to '08
• Wesley Clark planning for third book for '07 relea...
• EPA: Leaded gas may return, along with lower stand...
• Blair to meet with Hastert and Pelosi
• Iraq Study Group report an instant best seller
• Pelosi slated to meet with AFSCME board
• CNN Political Ticker AM