Friday, December 01, 2006
Four House seats still undecided that could affect 110th Congress balance of power
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The midterm elections were held 24 days ago, but five House races are still undecided, only four of which will affect the final balance of power.
Contests in Ohio's 2nd District, Ohio's 5th District, Texas's 23rd District, and Florida's 13th District, all pit a Democrat against a Republican and have yet to be finalized.
A run-off in Louisiana's 2nd District involves two Democrats.
Thus, the current balance of power heading into the next congressional session is as follows:
4 Undetermined Party Control
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Romney employed yard service that uses illegal wor...
• Vilsack criticizes McCain on Iraq
• McCain: 'I'm older than dirt'
• Pataki taps former Cheney aide
• Pelosi: Reyes has 'impeccable national security cr...
• Harman offers Reyes support
• Reyes of Texas named House Intelligence chairman
• Washington Times: Lawmaker to take oath on Koran, ...
• Top Iraqi Shiite leader to visit Bush in DC, aide ...
• After 'botched joke,' Kerry and team assessing imp...