Thursday, December 21, 2006
'Emotional' Lewinsky earns masters degree in psychology
NEW YORK (Reuters) -- Former White House intern Monica Lewinsky, whose sexual relationship with U.S. President Bill Clinton led to his impeachment, has graduated from the London School of Economics, her publicist said on Wednesday.
Lewinsky, who was 21 when she became involved with Clinton, is interviewing for jobs in Britain, publicist Barbara Hutson said.
When Lewinsky, 32, received her Masters of Science degree in Social Psychology last Thursday "the audience of students and parents erupted in spontaneous applause. ... It was a very emotional moment for her," Hutson said in a statement.
Hutson said Lewinsky spent the past year studying and "staying away from the London social scene."
She completed a thesis entitled "In Search of the Impartial Juror: An exploration of the third person effect and pre-trial publicity."
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Vilsack learns about his past, grapples with wheth...
• 3-judge panel says issue ads OK during election se...
• McCain taps former Bush, Schwarzenegger aide
• Romney to party with party activists in New Hampsh...
• Nevada Dems urge West's "favorite son" Richardson ...
• Study: 'Robo-calls' reached 2 of 3 U.S. voters
• New Jersey governor set to make gay unions officia...
• Bush extends 20 tax breaks, trade perks in $40 bil...
• CNN Political Ticker AM
• Draft Obama ad hits New Hampshire, DC airwaves