Tuesday, November 07, 2006
Senate incumbents re-elected in Florida, Mass., Maine
(CNN) -- CNN projects Democratic incumbent Bill Nelson will win the U.S.
Senate race in Florida, defeating Rep. Katherine Harris. Harris was Florida
Secretary of State during the Florida presidential recount in 2000.
CNN also projects Democratic incumbent Edward Kennedy will win the
Massachusetts Senate race, defeating Republican challenger Kenneth Chase to win
an eighth full term.
And CNN projects Republican incumbent Olympia Snowe will win the Maine
Senate race, defeating Democratic challenger Jean Hay Bright.
Full Florida results
Full Massachusetts results
Full Maine results
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• CNN projects: Tennessee OKs same-sex marriage amen...
• CNN projects: Connecticut, New Hampshire, Tennesse...
• Montanans cite myriad of reasons for votes
• Georgia not Gingrich's '08 base
• Three hour wait at some Denver voting centers
• Voting extended in certain Indiana precincts
• CNN projects: Strickland wins Ohio governor's race...
• CNN projects: Byrd wins in W. Virginia Senate race...
• Turnout could hit 66 percent in Connecticut
• 223 Illinois precincts ordered to stay open