Tuesday, November 07, 2006
Parties hold serve in 9 Senate races, CNN projects
(CNN) -- Democrat Amy Klobuchar will win the Minnesota Senate race, defeating Republican Rep. Mark Kennedy and holding the seat now held by Sen. Mark Dayton for the Democrats, CNN projects.
CNN projects Democratic Senate incumbents Hillary Clinton of New York, Debbie Stabenow of Michigan, Kent Conrad of North Dakota, Ben Nelson of Nebraska, Jeff Bingaman in New Mexico and Herb Kohl of Wisconsin will retain their seats. Republican incumbents Sens. Kay Bailey Hutchison of Texas and Craig Thomas of Wyoming are also projected to win re-election.
Full Senate results
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• CNN projects: Incumbent Democratic governors win i...
• Casey to oust Santorum in Penn. Senate race, CNN p...
• Perdue projected to remain Georgia governor
• CNN projects Democratic Senate pickup in Ohio
• McCaskill, Talent set for long night in Missouri
• Greenfield: Fate of Penn. House seats could be cri...
• CNN projects; Menendez to beat Kean in New Jersey ...
• CNN projects: Missouri voters OK minimum wage hike...
• Democratic House challenger projected to win in In...
• Dispatch from Duckworth headquarters in Illinois