Tuesday, November 07, 2006
No real surprises so far
NEW YORK (CNN) -- As of 9:50, this is a Holiday Inn election -- as in the old ad campaign, "the best surprise is no surprise."
Democrats have held the two Senate seats they needed to hold; they have won three GOP seats that were most vulnerable. But they may win four more or no more Republican seats. Bit by bit, the House appears to be moving inevitably toward Democratic control.
There is not a single "oh wow!" result.
- CNN Senior Analyst Jeff Greenfield
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• CNN projects Montana passes minimum wage initiativ...
• Lieberman awaiting Lamont concession
• Lieberman wins, but will Democrats embrace him
• Exit polls: Cardin wins among blacks, Steele among...
• Rhode Island GOP Sen. defeated despite 63% approva...
• Exit polls: Sen. Menendez projected to win even as...
• CNN projects GOP incumbent Lott to win Miss. Senat...
• CNN projects: Oklahoma, S. Carolina, Kansas incumb...
• Dems pick-up second seat in Indiana, CNN projects
• White House: Bush staying up past his bedtime