Tuesday, November 07, 2006
McCain touts his work on behalf of GOP
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Sen. John McCain, who is seriously considering running for the GOP presidential nomination, trumpets his campaign work on behalf of Republicans in an election eve e-mail to political supporters.
McCain takes credit for raising more than $10.5 million and making 346 campaign stops for GOP candidates this election cycle.
"I have done what I can to promote the conservative cause and help hard-working candidates earn victories across our nation," McCain writes in a note sent to his Straight Talk America political action committee e-mail list.
McCain, a Vietnam veteran, also asks his supporters to "remember how many men and women around the world have fought and died for this freedom" to vote.
-- CNN Political Editor Mark Preston
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Election fixing charges fly in Utah county
• Mo. election chief says she was asked for photo ID...
• Clinton gives Whitehouse an election eve boost
• Upper Midwest, Northeast key to House control
• Va. officials warn of possible deceptive calls to ...
• S.C. Gov. Mark Sanford injures eyes, misses event
• Election Day forecast
• Tenn. governor's plane suffers mechanical problem
• CNN Political Ticker AM
• Early returns from eastern states could signal ele...