Friday, November 10, 2006
McCain praises Mehlman
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Calling his tenure "a remarkable success," Sen. John McCain, R-Arizona, praised Republican National Committee Chairman Ken Mehlman's contributions to the GOP Friday and said he took the party to "new heights."
"As chairman, he brought a badly needed civil tone to our political debate- one I hope our next chairman emulates," McCain said in a statement "Taking the GOP to new heights, Ken dramatically improved the 'get out the vote' machine and created the most efficient system we've seen for spreading a cohesive Republican message."
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Bayh touts efforts in 2006 elections
• Ahead on CNN
• Blogger: Foley-page contacts 'the elephant in the ...
• Two Virginias?
• Bush: Time to show 'we can work together'
• Snow: Bolton deserves to be confirmed
• Four House Dems throw support behind Murtha
• Lieberman: Call me a Democrat
• Bush to meet with Reid and Durbin
• On the campaign trail with potential '08ers