Tuesday, November 07, 2006
Lieberman awaiting Lamont concession
HARTFORD, Connecticut (CNN) -- Joe Lieberman is upstairs in his hotel room with his family, waiting for Ned Lamont to concede. Once that happens, he will come down and celebrate with his supporters.
His campaign staffers say they are delighted by the projections that show him retaining his senate seat.
Lieberman supporters in the hall, mostly comprised of the firefighters union, have been relatively calm and quiet. After initial bursts of applause when the projections were announced, the crowd has been just standing around.
Part of the problem is that the TVs in the room can't get cable news stations, so the screens are tuned to local affiliates, who are running prime time programming with only occasional election cut-ins.
-- CNN Correspondent Dan Lothian
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Lieberman wins, but will Democrats embrace him
• Exit polls: Cardin wins among blacks, Steele among...
• Rhode Island GOP Sen. defeated despite 63% approva...
• Exit polls: Sen. Menendez projected to win even as...
• CNN projects GOP incumbent Lott to win Miss. Senat...
• CNN projects: Oklahoma, S. Carolina, Kansas incumb...
• Dems pick-up second seat in Indiana, CNN projects
• White House: Bush staying up past his bedtime
• CNN projects Democrat wins Maryland governor
• CNN projects Democratic win in Rhode Island Senate...