Tuesday, November 07, 2006
Kean campaign accuses opponent of Election Day tricks
How low can we go in New Jersey?
Politicos are slinging mud until the last minute here. Tom Kean Jr's campaign is charging that vandals put a chain and lock on the front door of campaign HQ last night, trapping one staffer inside!
"It appears the Democrats have already resorted to Election Day dirty tricks," said Kean campaign manager Evan Kozlow.
Menendez spokesperson Brian Fallon countered, "We had nothing to do with it. Of course not. This is typical trash on Election Day. It's a ridiculous accusation, the most ridiculous publicity stunt since Britney Spears' 3am Vegas wedding."
Police in Mountainside, NJ, home to Kean headquarters, had no comment.
--From CNN's Allan Chernoff, en route to Mountainside, NJ
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• High turnout in Old Dominion
• "I sure hope my vote counts," says OH congresswoma...
• Technical glitches reported in voting machines in ...
• Bush casts his vote
• Bush and Pelosi rally base voters
• McCain touts his work on behalf of GOP
• Election fixing charges fly in Utah county
• Mo. election chief says she was asked for photo ID...
• Clinton gives Whitehouse an election eve boost
• Upper Midwest, Northeast key to House control