Tuesday, November 07, 2006
Incumbent governors projected to win in Alabama, Maine, Wisconsin, S. Dakota
(CNN) -- One Republican governor -- Alabama's Bob Riley -- and three Democratic incumbent governors in Maine, Wisconsin and South Dakota will be re-elected, CNN projects.
Riley is set to defeat Lt. Gov. Lucy Baxley, a Democrat. Wisconsin voters will choose Democrat Jim Doyle over Rep. Mark Green. Maine Gov. John Baldacci will beat Republican Chandler Woodcock, and South Dakota Gov. Mike Rounds will upend GOP challenger Jack Billion.
Full governor results
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• No real surprises so far
• CNN projects Montana passes minimum wage initiativ...
• Lieberman awaiting Lamont concession
• Lieberman wins, but will Democrats embrace him
• Exit polls: Cardin wins among blacks, Steele among...
• Rhode Island GOP Sen. defeated despite 63% approva...
• Exit polls: Sen. Menendez projected to win even as...
• CNN projects GOP incumbent Lott to win Miss. Senat...
• CNN projects: Oklahoma, S. Carolina, Kansas incumb...
• Dems pick-up second seat in Indiana, CNN projects