Tuesday, November 07, 2006
Incumbent governors in Texas, Wyoming and Illinois projected victors
(CNN) -- CNN projects that Republican incumbent Gov. Rick Perry of Texas will win re-election, defeating three other candidates, including the singer/musician "Kinky Friedman."
In Wyoming, CNN projects that incumbent Gov. Dave Freudenthal, a Democrat, will defeat Republican Ray Hunkins.
And in Illinois, CNN projects incumbent Democratic Gov. Rod Blagojevich will win re-election, defeating Republican Judy Baar Topinka.
Full Texas results
Full Wyoming results
Full Illinois results
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Mood 'tense' at Allen campaign headquarters
• CNN projects: Democrat Cardin holds Maryland Senat...
• Incumbent Lieberman wins Connecticut Senate race, ...
• Parties hold serve in 9 Senate races, CNN projects...
• CNN projects: Incumbent Democratic governors win i...
• Casey to oust Santorum in Penn. Senate race, CNN p...
• Perdue projected to remain Georgia governor
• CNN projects Democratic Senate pickup in Ohio
• McCaskill, Talent set for long night in Missouri
• Greenfield: Fate of Penn. House seats could be cri...