Tuesday, November 07, 2006
"I sure hope my vote counts," says OH congresswoman
(CNN)--Republican Rep. Jean Schmidt had trouble casting her paper ballot via a scanner in Loveland early Tuesday morning, a situation captured on video by CNN affiliate WKRC.
Elections officials put her ballot in a lock box and said they'd manually enter her vote later.
"I feel confident that the system in place will take care of it. I sure hope my vote counts," Schmidt said, laughing.
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Technical glitches reported in voting machines in ...
• Bush casts his vote
• Bush and Pelosi rally base voters
• McCain touts his work on behalf of GOP
• Election fixing charges fly in Utah county
• Mo. election chief says she was asked for photo ID...
• Clinton gives Whitehouse an election eve boost
• Upper Midwest, Northeast key to House control
• Va. officials warn of possible deceptive calls to ...
• S.C. Gov. Mark Sanford injures eyes, misses event