Tuesday, November 07, 2006
Georgia not Gingrich's '08 base
NEW YORK (CNN) -- If former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, R-Georgia, decides to run for the White House, he might think twice about using the Peach State as his base.
An overwhelming majority of Georgians do not think Gingrich would make a good president, according to early exit polling data from Tuesday's midterm elections. Only 29 percent of Georgians think the former Speaker would make a good president, while 64 percent said they do not think he would make a good president.
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Three hour wait at some Denver voting centers
• Voting extended in certain Indiana precincts
• CNN projects: Strickland wins Ohio governor's race...
• CNN projects: Byrd wins in W. Virginia Senate race...
• Turnout could hit 66 percent in Connecticut
• 223 Illinois precincts ordered to stay open
• Bellwether races tight in first batch of states wh...
• Exit polls: Voters disapprove of Congress, Bush, I...
• CNN projects: Virginia same-sex marriage amendment...
• CNN projects Sanders, Lugar wins in Indiana, Vermo...