Tuesday, November 07, 2006
Dean makes 11th hour appeal
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- With polls in several Eastern and Midwestern states only hours away from closing, Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean made an 11th hour get-out-the-vote appeal in an e-mail to Democratic supporters.
"We can't take one vote for granted today -- this isn't over," Dean wrote in the note.
This comes as several state precincts are reporting significantly higher than average voter turnout for a midterm election.
-- CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Ahead on CNN
• Pelosi 'likes' speaker title
• Crashed laptops lead to long lines in Denver
• GOP Slogan: 'Punch Foley for Negron'
• Sources: Turnout in Virginia may reach historic le...
• Iraq, integrity dominate New Jersey Senate race
• Turnout 'very heavy' in Montana
• Missouri's secretary of state asked for photo ID t...
• Senate race dominates for Tenn. voters
• In divided state legislatures, Dems scramble to ga...