Wednesday, November 08, 2006
CNN projects Tester is the winner in Montana
NEW YORK (CNN) -- CNN projects that Democrat John Tester will defeat Sen. Conrad Burns. R-Montana, in the closely fought Senate race. This puts the Senate Balance of power at 50 Democrats, 49 Republicans, with only the Virginia Senate race outstanding.
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Despite GOP effort, black candidates come up short...
• Bush: Rumsfeld resigning
• Republican candidate for Md. Senate concedes
• Former CIA Director Gates to be named Defense Secr...
• Tester: 'We feel good about winning this election'...
• Reid: 'I hope Bush will be willing to work with us...
• Rumsfeld to step down
• DeLay: 'We took a whipping last night'
• Tester declares victory in tight Senate race
• Sen. Nelson's son accused of battery on officer