Tuesday, November 07, 2006
CNN projects; Menendez to beat Kean in New Jersey Senate race
(CNN) -- CNN projects Democratic incumbent Bob Menendez will win the New
Jersey Senate race, defeating Republican challenger Tom Kean Jr.
The GOP had eyed the Garden State as a possible Republican pickup, citing allegations of corruption against Menendez.
In summing up the race, CNN Senior Political Correspondent Candy Crowley described New Jersey as being a "flirt" with the GOP.
"It has a habit of giving Republicans the eye," Crowley said. "Then refusing to cheat on the wife."
Full New Jersey results
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• CNN projects: Missouri voters OK minimum wage hike...
• Democratic House challenger projected to win in In...
• Dispatch from Duckworth headquarters in Illinois
• Maryland governor's campaign: Fliers no 'dirty tri...
• CNN projects: Patrick to become Massachusetts' fir...
• Senate incumbents re-elected in Florida, Mass., Ma...
• CNN projects: Tennessee OKs same-sex marriage amen...
• CNN projects: Connecticut, New Hampshire, Tennesse...
• Montanans cite myriad of reasons for votes
• Georgia not Gingrich's '08 base