Wednesday, November 08, 2006
CNN projects: Incumbent Senators win in Arizona, Nevada, Washington
(CNN) -- Republican incumbent senators in Arizona and Nevada and Democratic Sen. Maria Cantwell in Washington will be re-elected, CNN projects.
CNN projects GOP Sen. Jon Kyl will win in Arizona, defeating Democratic challenger Jim Pederson. Republican incumbent John Ensign will upend Jack Carter, the Democratic candidate and son of former President Jimmy Carter, in Nevada.
Cantwell is projected to win another term in the Senate after defeating GOP challenger Mike McGavick.
Full Arizona results
Full Nevada results
Full Washington results
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• S. Dakota proposed ban on nearly all abortions to ...
• CNN projects; GOP loses Colorado gubernatorial pos...
• How Election Night unfolded
• Exit polls: Pennsylvania's Casey wins among men, w...
• Bush notified about GOP loss, will take questions ...
• CNN projects: Dems pick up seats in Florida, Arizo...
• Reynolds set to declare victory
• Exit polls: Churchgoers back Talent, stem cell pro...
• CNN projects Dems pick up seats in Pa., Fla., Conn...
• CNN projects: Dems take the House