Tuesday, November 07, 2006
CNN projects GOP incumbent Lott to win Miss. Senate race
(CNN) -- CNN projects Republican incumbent and former Senate Majority Leader Trent Lott will win his bid for a fourth term, defeating Democratic challenger Erik Fleming.
After serving in the House of Representatives since 1972, Lott was first elected to the Senate in 1988.
Full Mississippi results
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• CNN projects: Oklahoma, S. Carolina, Kansas incumb...
• Dems pick-up second seat in Indiana, CNN projects
• White House: Bush staying up past his bedtime
• CNN projects Democrat wins Maryland governor
• CNN projects Democratic win in Rhode Island Senate...
• Incumbent governors in Texas, Wyoming and Illinois...
• Mood 'tense' at Allen campaign headquarters
• CNN projects: Democrat Cardin holds Maryland Senat...
• Incumbent Lieberman wins Connecticut Senate race, ...
• Parties hold serve in 9 Senate races, CNN projects...