Tuesday, November 07, 2006
CNN projects: Dems pick up seats in Florida, Arizona, New York, Indiana
(CNN) -- Democrats -- projected by CNN to take control of the House -- are expected to pick-up seats in Florida, Arizona, New York and Indiana.
CNN projects Democrat Ron Klein wins Florida's 22nd District, defeating GOP Rep. Clay Shaw.
In Arizona's 8th District, Democrat Gabrielle Giffords defeated Republican Randy Graf for the seat left vacant by the retirement of GOP Rep. Jim Kolbe.
CNN also projects Democrat Kirsten Gillibrand wins New York's 20th District, defeating GOP Rep. John Sweeney.
Facing each other for the third straight time, former Democratic Rep. Baron Hill defeated Republican Rep. Mike Sodrel to win Indiana's 9th District, CNN projects.
Full House results
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Reynolds set to declare victory
• Exit polls: Churchgoers back Talent, stem cell pro...
• CNN projects Dems pick up seats in Pa., Fla., Conn...
• CNN projects: Dems take the House
• Exit polls: Abramoff ties tarnish Montana Sen. Con...
• Denver voters wait long past polls close
• CNN projects: Dems score seventh House pickup in N...
• CNN projects: Crist to win in Florida, Douglas and...
• Will high turnout help Rep. Reynolds?
• Duckworth, supporters play the wait game