Tuesday, November 07, 2006
CNN projects Dems pick up seats in Pa., Fla., Conn.
(CNN) -- The Democrats' will win back the House thanks to pickups in Pennsylvania, Florida, Connecticut and elsewhere, CNN projects.
CNN projects Democrat Christopher Carney will win Pennsylvania's 10th District, defeating Republican Rep. Don Sherwood.
Democrat Tim Mahoney will win Florida's 16th District -- the seat formerly held by Mark Foley, who resigned after news surfaced of his involvement with underage pages -- defeating Republican Joe Negron. The seat was left open by the resignation of former Rep. Mark Foley.
CNN also projects Democrat Chris Murphy wins Connecticut's 5th District, defeating Republican incumbent Rep. Nancy Johnson.
Full House results
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• CNN projects: Dems take the House
• Exit polls: Abramoff ties tarnish Montana Sen. Con...
• Denver voters wait long past polls close
• CNN projects: Dems score seventh House pickup in N...
• CNN projects: Crist to win in Florida, Douglas and...
• Will high turnout help Rep. Reynolds?
• Duckworth, supporters play the wait game
• CNN projects: Democrats pick-up three more House s...
• Incumbent governors projected to win in Alabama, M...
• No real surprises so far