Tuesday, November 07, 2006
CNN projects: Democrats pick-up three more House seats
(CNN) -- CNN projects that Democrats will pick up three more House seats -- in New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Ohio -- giving them at least six pickups total.
In Ohio, Democrat Zack Space will defeat Republican Joy Padgett to take the seat in Ohio's 18th district formerly held by Rep. Bob Ney, who resigned Friday following his guilty plea to multiple counts stemming from the long-running probe into disgraced lobbyist Jack Abramoff.
CNN projects Democratic challenger Paul Hodes will win New Hampshire's 2nd District, defeating incumbent Republican Congressman Charlie Bass.
In Pennsylvania's 7th district, Democrat Joe Sestak is projected to defeat GOP Rep. Curt Weldon.
The news is better for Republicans in Kentucky. CNN projects Republican incumbent Rep. Ron Lewis will keep his seat in the state's 2nd district, defeating Democrat Mike Weaver.
Also in Kentucky, GOP incumbent held off a challenge from former Democratic congressman Ken Lucas.
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Incumbent governors projected to win in Alabama, M...
• No real surprises so far
• CNN projects Montana passes minimum wage initiativ...
• Lieberman awaiting Lamont concession
• Lieberman wins, but will Democrats embrace him
• Exit polls: Cardin wins among blacks, Steele among...
• Rhode Island GOP Sen. defeated despite 63% approva...
• Exit polls: Sen. Menendez projected to win even as...
• CNN projects GOP incumbent Lott to win Miss. Senat...
• CNN projects: Oklahoma, S. Carolina, Kansas incumb...