Tuesday, November 07, 2006
CNN projects Democratic win in Rhode Island Senate Race
(CNN) -- CNN projects Democratic challenger Sheldon Whitehouse will win
the Rhode Island Senate race, defeating Republican incumbent Lincoln Chafee.
Chafee was seeking a second full term in the seat that his father, John Chafee, held for two decades.
Full Rhode Island results
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Incumbent governors in Texas, Wyoming and Illinois...
• Mood 'tense' at Allen campaign headquarters
• CNN projects: Democrat Cardin holds Maryland Senat...
• Incumbent Lieberman wins Connecticut Senate race, ...
• Parties hold serve in 9 Senate races, CNN projects...
• CNN projects: Incumbent Democratic governors win i...
• Casey to oust Santorum in Penn. Senate race, CNN p...
• Perdue projected to remain Georgia governor
• CNN projects Democratic Senate pickup in Ohio
• McCaskill, Talent set for long night in Missouri