Tuesday, November 07, 2006
CNN projects: Crist to win in Florida, Douglas and Beebe in Vermont and Arkansas
(CNN) -- CNN projects Democrat Mike Beebe will be elected Arkansas governor, defeating Republican Asa Hutchinson. This is a Democratic pickup because Republican Gov. Mike Hukabee is leaving office because of term limits.
Republican Charlie Crist will be elected Florida governor, succeeding Republican Gov. Jeb Bush, defeating Democrat Jim Davis, CNN projects.
CNN projects that Republican Gov. Jim Douglas of Vermont will win re-election, defeating Democrat Scudder Parker.
Full Arkansas results
Full Florida results
Full Vermont results
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Will high turnout help Rep. Reynolds?
• Duckworth, supporters play the wait game
• CNN projects: Democrats pick-up three more House s...
• Incumbent governors projected to win in Alabama, M...
• No real surprises so far
• CNN projects Montana passes minimum wage initiativ...
• Lieberman awaiting Lamont concession
• Lieberman wins, but will Democrats embrace him
• Exit polls: Cardin wins among blacks, Steele among...
• Rhode Island GOP Sen. defeated despite 63% approva...