Thursday, November 16, 2006
Clyburn and Emanuel receive new leadership duties
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Rep. Jim Clyburn will become the majority whip in the 110th Congress after his Democratic colleagues voted by acclimation Thursday to approve the South Carolinian for the third ranking post in the caucus. Democrats also chose Rep. Rahm Emanuel, D-Illinois, to be the caucus chairman in the 110th Congress. Emanuel is widely credited for helping Democrats reclaim the majority.
-- CNN Congressional Producer Deirdre Walsh
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Bush arrives in Singapore, pushes regional coopera...
• McCain to give two speeches on GOP future Thursday...
• Democrats choose Pelosi as speaker
• CNN Political Ticker AM
• Murtha calls ethics reform 'total crap'
• McCain to form exploratory committee Thursday
• McCain endorses Shadegg
• AP: Thompson intends to form presidential explorat...
• Ahead on CNN
• Lieberman: Withdrawal would be a 'very serious mis...