Tuesday, November 07, 2006
Bush casts his vote
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Bush encouraged all Americans to vote Tuesday, after casting his own ballot in Crawford, Texas.
"We live in a free society, and our government is only as good as the willingness of our people to participate in it," Bush said. "Therefore, no matter what your party affiliation, or if you don't have a party affiliation, do your duty; cast your ballot and let your voice be heard."
The president and first lady Laura Bush voted at the Crawford Fire Station in Crawford, TX. He'll return to Washington later this afternoon.
-- CNN's Stephen Bach
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Bush and Pelosi rally base voters
• McCain touts his work on behalf of GOP
• Election fixing charges fly in Utah county
• Mo. election chief says she was asked for photo ID...
• Clinton gives Whitehouse an election eve boost
• Upper Midwest, Northeast key to House control
• Va. officials warn of possible deceptive calls to ...
• S.C. Gov. Mark Sanford injures eyes, misses event
• Election Day forecast
• Tenn. governor's plane suffers mechanical problem