Monday, October 23, 2006
RNC Web ad: Here cometh the taxman
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The Republican National Committee Monday released a web ad that purports to evaluate the implications of the Democrat's tax policy, in a change in tone from an RNC ad last week that focused on the terrorist threat.
The new ad, directed by David Zucker of "Naked Gun" fame, depicts overly aggressive taxmen under Democratic rule.
"And from the day we're born, no matter where you live, no matter what you do, no matter who you are--man, woman, young, old, East Coast, West Coast, Midwest or Deep South--until the day we die, they will never stop," the ad warns.
The ad will be emailed to GOP supporters and activists and is available on the RNC website.
-- CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Biden to assess Iraq developments
• GOP shuns its immigration hardline candidate in Ar...
• GOP strategist: Sen. Kennedy can only lose 'in biz...
• Heavyweight Sens. Clinton, McCain stump for N.J. h...
• Rural voters could tip critical Missouri Senate ra...
• CNN Political Ticker AM
• GOP losses could spark partisan warfare
• Senate: campaign cash
• U.S. military announces 3 more troop deaths in Ira...
• Specter: Don't count Santorum out